The Buccaneers will be without wide receiver Chris Godwin in Week 2.
Godwin (concussion) was officially ruled out by the team on Saturday after being considered doubtful on the injury report.
Godwin had six receptions for 79 yards in the Bucs’ Week 1 defeat to the New Orleans Saints. While Godwin’s presence will be missed, there was a bit of good news in regards to fellow wideout Mike Evans, who was taken off the injury report ahead of Week 2 after fully recovering from a nagging hamstring injury.
The Bucs signed cornerback Mazzi Wilkins from their practice squad to the active roster in a corresponding move. Wide receiver Cyril Grayson and tight end Tanner Hudson were also elevated from their practice squad.
Tampa Bay faces the Carolina Panthers in their home opener on Sunday, in search of their first win of the season with quarterback Tom Brady leading the way.
Here’s other news Around The NFL is monitoring on Saturday:
- New Orleans Saints star receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) has been ruled out for Monday Night Football against the Raiders. Defensive end Marcus Davenport (elbow) and linebacker Chase Hansen (hip) were also ruled out.
- The Las Vegas Raiders have listed rookie receiver Henry Ruggs (knee) and guard John Simpson as questionable for MNF. Linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski (pectoral) and offensive tackles Trent Brown (calf) and Sam Young (groin) are listed as doubtful. The club also signed guard Patrick Omameh to the practice squad and, in a corresponding move, placed WR Marcell Ateman on the practice squad-injured list.
- Cleveland Browns defensive end Adrian Clayborn is dealing with a hip flexor strain but hopes to play through it while getting treatment, a source told NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero. Clayborn managed to get a sack before exiting with the injury on Thursday night.
- The New York Jets will promote running back Josh Adams from the practice squad to the active roster, sources tell NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Adams will see playing time tomorrow, Rapoport added. The move comes in light of Le’Veon Bell’s hamstring injury, which placed him on injured reserve this week. The Jets also signed linebacker Alec Ogletree to the active roster and elevated wide receiver Josh Malone.
- The San Francisco 49ers have ruled out pass rusher Dee Ford (neck) for Sunday’s road game against the Jets after being listed as questionable. In the same move, the 49ers promoted offensive lineman Hroniss Grasu from the practice squad.
- Dallas Cowboys cornerback Anthony Brown was placed on injured reserve for a rib injury, the team announced. Brown first popped up on the injury report Friday but the team felt the issue was bad enough to shelve him for at least three games. In a corresponding move, the Cowboys promoted tackle Eric Smith from the practice squad. Rapoport also reported that the team is hosting free-agent OL Ronald Leary for a visit, per the wire, and he’s been in COVID-19 testing for two days.
- Green Bay Packers have placed wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown (knee) on injured reserve after missing practice all week. Meanwhile, cornerback Jaire Alexander (hand) has been added to the injury report but his status for Sunday’s game vs. the Lions remains unchanged. The team also elevated tight end John Lovett and defensive lineman Willington Previlon from the practice squad to the active roster.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed undrafted rookie tackle Brandon Walton to their practice squad. The move comes off the heels of losing starting right tackle Zach Banner (knee) for the entire season and placing right guard Stefan Wisniewski (chest) on injured reserve after Week 1. The Steelers are also missing starting guard David DeCastro (knee) to start the 2020 season.
- The Indianapolis Colts have elevated undrafted rookie tight end Farrod Green from the practice squad to the active roster with Jack Doyle (ankle/knee) out this Sunday for their home opener against the Vikings.
- The Carolina Panthers announced they have elevated defensive tackle Woodrow Hamilton from their practice squad to the active roster in wake of Kawaan Short (foot) and Yetur Gross-Matos (concussion) already being ruled out of Sunday’s game.
- The Detroit Lions have placed guard Joe Dahl on IR, signed guard Kenny Wiggins to the active roster and elevated defensive tackle Kevin Strong and defensive back Dee Virgin from the practice squad to the active/inactive list pursuant to the Standard Elevation Addendum.
- The Buffalo Bills have elevated linebackers Andre Smith and Deon Lacey from the practice squad for tomorrow’s game at Miami. The team also signed offensive lineman Jonotthan Harrison to the practice squad and released OL Victor Salako.
- The Los Angeles Chargers activated running back Darius Bradwell from the practice squad.
- The Seattle Seahawks have activated defensive tackle Anthony Rush from the practice squad.
- The Arizona Cardinals have promoted tight end Jordan Thomas from the practice squad.
- The Washington Football Team has elevated receiver Cam Sims and linebacker Jared Norris from the practice squad.
- The Tennessee Titans have elevated running back Jeremy McNichols and receiver Cameron Batson from the practice squad to the active roster. They will revert back to the team’s practice squad the day following Sunday’s game.
- The Chicago Bears promoted linebacker Devante Bond from the practice squad and ruled LB Josh Woods (personal) out for Sunday.
- The Houston Texans have promoted running back C.J. Prosise to the active roster from the practice squad.
- The Denver Broncos have elevated linebacker Derrek Tuszka & running back LeVante Bellamy from the practice squad.