TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama men’s tennis team closed out the Four-In-The-Fall tournament Sunday by winning six singles and four doubles matches at home in Tuscaloosa. Over the three days of the tournament, Alabama went 32-10, including 20 singles and 12 doubles wins.
In addition to the Crimson Tide, the tournament featured players from LSU and Vanderbilt in both singles and doubles competition.
Jeremy Gschwendtner, Alexey Nesterov, Vincent Rettke and Riccardo Roberto all went 3-0 on the weekend in singles, while the doubles tandem of Sam Fischer and Nesterov went undefeated in doubles at 3-0. Gschwendtner and Rettke also went undefeated in doubles, playing with different partners during the weekend.
Gschwendtner and Nesterov were co-champions of the tourney’s Houndstooth Draw, while Rettke and Roberto were champs of the Crimson Draw. In doubles, Fischer and Nesterov were champions of the Houndstooth Draw while Gschwendtner and Rettke were champions of the Crimson Draw.
HEAD COACH GEORGE HUSACK SAID
“We made noticeable improvement during each series of competition this fall. We are a different and much better team than we were back in early October (at Tiger Fall Invite) and our progress continued at home this weekend. Now the challenge is to continue on this path with focus and purpose throughout the rest of the semester and be prepared to take on the Spring full steam ahead.”
- Patrick Kaukovalta (Alabama) def. Max Freeman (Vanderbilt) 6-1, 6-1
- Vincent Rettke (Alabama) def. Marcus Ferreira (Vanderbilt) 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
- Riccardo Roberto (Alabama) def. Malik Bhatnagar (LSU) 6-2, 6-2
- Jeremy Gschwendtner (Alabama) def. James Ignatowich (Vanderbilt) 6-0, 5-7, 6-0
- Alexey Nesterov (Alabama) def. Tomas Descarrega (LSU) 6-3, 6-1
- Rafael Wagner (LSU) def. Zhe Zhou (Alabama) 6-1, 6-3
- Boris Kozlov (LSU) def. Gabriel Diaz Freire (Alabama) 7-5, 6-2
- Ronald Hohmann (LSU) def. George Harwell (Vanderbilt) 6-1, 2-6, 6-2
- Ben Koch (LSU) def. Sam Fischer (Alabama) 6-2, 6-1
- Macsen Sisam (Vanderbilt) def. Tom Pisane (LSU) 6-2, 6-3
- Marcelo Sepulveda Garza (Alabama) def. Connor Robb-Wilcox (Vanderbilt) 6-0, 6-2
- Adam Sraberg (Vanderbilt) def. Avi Shugar (Alabama) 6-3, 6-3
- With its fall season completed, Alabama will now begin preparation for the spring dual match season
Get all the latest information on Alabama men’s tennis by following AlabamaMTN on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.