FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The University of Arkansas women’s tennis team is excited to get the 2021 spring season started this weekend, as the Hogs open up their campaign against the Mustangs of SMU at the Billingsley Tennis Center on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. CT.
Head tennis coach Courtney Steinbock and the Razorbacks are looking forward to the regular season action after their season was cut short due to the pandemic in 2020. Arkansas had the opportunity to host the ITA Central Regional Championships in the fall, where the Hogs highlighted their weekends with a run in doubles play by freshmen-duo Indianna Spink and Morgan Cross and an admirable run in the consolation bracket by senior Lauren Alter.
“I’m so excited to finally see the entire team compete together in the spring season,” said Steinbock. “We are so grateful and thankful to all of the administration and staff at the University of Arkansas for making this possible. We love what we do and we are so excited to get started this Sunday against a tough opponent! Looking forward to the first of many great opportunities this season!”
Fans can be excited to know that the Razorbacks have retained many of their star players, including senior Martina Zerulo and all-star doubles duo Alter and her partner, Tatum Rice. Zerulo recently ranked 110th in singles play by ITA, while Alter and Rice came in at 28th among doubles teams.
Sunday’s match versus SMU kicks off a 12-match home slate for the Hogs, which include six non-conference opponents in SMU (Jan. 24), Kansas and Oral Roberts (Jan. 29), Kansas State (Jan. 31), Wichita State (Feb. 12) and Memphis (Feb. 26). Arkansas will begin SEC play at home on Feb. 18 against the Bulldogs of Mississippi State and will continue home play against Ole Miss (Feb. 20), Vanderbilt (March 5), Kentucky (March 7), Auburn (March 26) and Alabama (March 28).
Fans are encouraged to visit ArkansasRazorbacks.com for the latest information on all things Arkansas Women’s Tennis. You can also find the Hogs on social media by liking us on Facebook (Arkansas Razorback Women’s Tennis) and following us on Twitter and Instagram (@RazorbackWTEN).
For fans coming joining us this season, below are some gameday reminders:
- Per Arkansas Department of Health guidelines, the Billingsley Tennis Center will feature reduced capacity based upon current state social distancing standards.
- Fan access to the Tennis Facility will be one (1) hour prior to the start of match. Public entrance to the indoor courts are the north doors to the Dills Indoor Court facility.
- Seating availability will be on a first come, first serve basis. Once we have reached capacity, no additional fans will be allowed into the facility.
Helping Keep Fans Safe
- All event staff and employees will wear face coverings at all times.
- All guests will be required to wear face coverings (over the nose and mouth) from the time they get in line to enter the stadium until the time of exiting. Masks may be removed temporarily while actively eating or drinking. Children under 10 years of age are not required to wear a face covering, but the ADH strongly encourages it.
- Lines will be queued at all entrances, restrooms and merchandise locations, following social distance guidelines with 6-feet distancing markers placed throughout the venue and strictly enforced.
- Handwashing/Hand sanitizing stations will be added throughout facilities to supplement restroom use and extensive cleaning and sanitation efforts including deep cleaning prior to games and disinfecting of high frequency touchpoints throughout the event.
There are no concession stands operating at either the indoor or outdoor tennis courts for regular season matches. There are no vending machines in the tennis facility. Outside food or beverages
are permitted. We ask fans to throw their trash in any of the trash receptacles that are available.
The SEC clear bag policy remains in effect for the 2021 tennis season.
Public parking is very limited on campus prior to 5 p.m. on weekdays. However, parking is free in most lots after 5 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends. Public parking will be available for all our home matches in the west end of Parking lot 46W (the part of Lot 46 directly in front of the indoor tennis facility).