Football 4/5/2021 11:00:00 AM
COLLEGE PARK, Md. — Maryland Athletics announced guidelines for fans to safely attend the 2021 Spring Football Game on April 24 at Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium. The attendance plans have been established in accordance with public health officials and follow appropriate physical distancing and safety measures. With the health and safety of our student-athletes and fans as our top priority, we developed strong operating protocols with the goal of providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
At all home events, 4Maryland safety protocols will be observed including the requirement of physical distancing and everyone in attendance wearing a face-covering at all times.
For Spring Football Game held on April 24 at Noon, the following guidelines will be in place:
- Free tickets are required for entry, but must be claimed in advance.
- Seating will be reserved and allocated in physically-distanced pods.
- Terrapin Club members will receive access to a two-day advanced window to reserve tickets prior to the general public, beginning Monday, April 5. All Terrapin Club members can reserve tickets by logging into their accounts at umterps.com/myaccount.
- General public tickets will be made available on Wednesday, April 7. Fans must reserve tickets in advance via umterps.com.
- An allotment of free tickets will be available for students, who can claim them through the student ticketing system starting on Wednesday, April 14.
- Maryland’s Clear bag policy will be in effect.
- Tailgating will not be permitted.
Led by third-year head coach Michael Locksley, the Terrapins return 85 percent of their total production from last season. Junior quarterback Taulia Tagovailoa and senior wide receiver Dontay Demus Jr. are set to pace Maryland’s aerial attack, which ranked second in the Big Ten in 2020 by averaging 264 passing yards per game. The Terps return a trio of 2020 All-Big Ten honorees on the defensive side of the ball, including sophomore Tarheeb Still, who led the nation in pass breakups per game in 2020.
Ticket information on Maryland’s other spring sports was released last week. Terrapin Club members can request tickets to spring sports by filling out the request form sent to members via email or by calling the Terrapin Ticket Office at 301-314-7020.
This is an important first step for all of us at Maryland Athletics and we look forward to the day when every seat can be filled with our passionate fans. We look forward to being able to welcome more fans back to campus this Fall to cheer on the Terps. Football season tickets, featuring seven home games with contests against West Virginia, Penn State and Michigan, are now on sale by visiting umterps.com. Please stay tuned to umterps.com, the One Maryland app, and our social media channels for the latest information.
– MARYLAND –